Benefit Of Distribution Management System – Acumatica Cloud ERP
Distribution management system, or better known as DMS, is an application that is often used to manage business activities. This software includes the processing of sales orders, purchase order, inventory management as well as financial accounting.
Distribution Management System applications are rooted in distribution, which provides a higher level of functionality, specific to the needs of distribution companies.
Benefits of Distribution Management System
Distribution Management System applications can serve a variety of different business needs and provide greater efficiency and reliability. Every business industry has certain functional requirements based on industry-driven products in the marketplace. Some of the benefits of DMS software are:
- Enhance electronic collaboration with trading partners.
- Manage complex tasks easily.
- Computerized controls.
- Effective communication.
- Improve efficiency and reliability.
- Scheduling tasks
- Project management.
- Automate the flow of process information.
- Data flow management.
The need for Distribution Management System in Business
The need for DMS applications has now been perceived because of the business needs of centric distribution companies. This requirement is so specific that making DMS software very important to address the challenges facing the business due to market competition and competition with other businesses. Some of the industry centric distributions that desperately need DMS software applications are:
- Automotive industry. Distributors in this industry require a DMS system that allows them to identify the creation / model / year on a particular product.
- Clothing industry. Customers order goods for clothes in color matrix / style / size and thus, this industry requires a DMS that can meet its needs.
- Health care industry. The real needs of the industry are related to tracking unique serial numbers of individual shipping entities, from supply chains, as companies typically handle millions of deliveries daily.
- Food producers and distributors. The specific product code date is the most important requirement for this industry, because inventory should not be delivered to the customer after a certain time. Therefore, DMS needs to meet the needs and requirements of a complex industry.
- Wholesale Distributor. There are a myriad of customer-specific requirements that must be met through DMS. EDI file format should be developed and managed as needed.
- Industrial Distributor. They have a massive catalog of products and one of their basic business needs is value addition, which creates adequate competitive differentiation. Thus, they need DMS to compile their needs.
- Retailers. They require a DMS that can meet the complexity of order storage and inventory management that must be handled seasonally according to their individual needs.
Acumatica Distribution Management
Acumatica Cloud ERP manage sales orders, inventory tracks, fill orders, improve purchasing, and provide customer support from anywhere with distribution ERP software that is fully integrated with Acumatica’s CRM, Financials, Manufacturing and Project Management for visibility across the entire organization.